Well in moments of doubt and severe hunger, which in other words means you have to eat in the next 15-20 minutes, a quick improvised meal will definitely fill that void in time and space. We are not talking here about the theory of relativity of course, (even though it can be applied) but about the simple and flavor-rich omelette. This meal does not discriminate and it can be a breakfast, lunch and a dinner meal.
- 3 eggs
- half a small red onion
- few slices of salami (whatever you can find is fine but bacon will hit the spot)
- Few slices of yellow cheese
- Chopped parsley
- Urda (a type of milk product popular in the Balkans – the white crumbles on top of the eggs)
- drop the chopped onions and salami in the preheated pan and fry for 2-3 minutes
- mix the eggs with the urda (don’t overmix it, you still want to see the yoke) drop on top of the onions and salami
- after it slightly hardens add the slices of cheese and parsley
- Bend the omelette in half and fry on both sides till it gets that wonderful golden color.
And that is it, serve with white bread and, if you have it around, ajvar, which is yet another balkan peper spread which preaty much goes with anything. Well, almost anything. Enjoy!